ACL Reconstruction is a type of arthroscopic procedure utilized to repair a torn Anterior Cruciate Ligament in the knee. The torn ligament is removed and replaced with a graft (usually a tendon taken from another part of the patient’s body).
- Local or general anesthesia may be used
- Surgeon will make several small incisions around the knee
- An arthroscope (with a tiny camera) is inserted to allow the surgeon to view the joint
- A sterile solution is pumped in to expand the area and allow a better view of the knee joint
- Thin surgical instruments are inserted through the arthroscope and utilized to remove the torn ACL and replace it with a graft
MEET OUR ORTHOPEDIC SURGEONS
MEET OUR ORTHOPEDIC & SPINE SURGEONS