Laparoscopic cholecystectomy is a minimally invasive surgical procedure utilized to remove the gallbladder.
- general anesthesia is typically used
- surgeon will make four small incisions to the abdomen
- a laparoscope (with a tiny camera) is inserted into the abdomen
- the abdomen is inflated with carbon dioxide gas to create working space for the surgeon
- thin surgical instruments are inserted to remove the gallbladder and extract it from the abdomen
MEET OUR GENERAL SURGEONS
MEET OUR SURGICAL ONCOLOGISTS