Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Endoscopic sinus surgery involves the use of an endoscope to remove blockages or growths (such as polyps) from the sinuses.
- local or general anesthesia may be used
- procedure involves insertion of endoscope into the nose to give the surgeon an inside view of the sinuses
- surgical instruments are inserted alongside the endoscope
- surgeon may remove small pieces of bone, polyps or other material that is blocking the sinus openings
- in some cases, a laser may be used to burn away tissue that is blocking the sinus openings